Conquering a Grand Challenge in Global Health by Creating Sustainable One-Health Communities in Africa
LIFE SCIENCE AND HEALTH INDUSTRY IN AFRICA. A NEW FRONTIER IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT, THAT RECOGNIZES THE CLOSE RELATIONSHIP AND INTERDEPENDENCE OF THE HEALTH OF ANIMALS, HUMANS, ENVIRONEMENT AND THE ECONOMY.
We cordially invite you to join our Premier U.S. Africa Relations Conference (USARC1.0) to celebrate a new model of sustainable global health production that develops Sustainable One-Health Communities (SOHCs) to help us conquer a grand challenge in global health. A SOHC is a community built with economic development as the primary driver of health production, and completely integrates health of humans, animals and the environment in its design. The design of a SOHC observes four bottom lines: the human, the animal, the ecological/environmental, and economic bottom-lines.
Stakeholders of health and human development will gather at Texas A&M University at the end of Spring Semester to celebrate the new SOHC model, that is emerging as primary driver of global health and human development. You will receive knowledge about the production work that led to the emergence of the SOHC model for design of one-health communities. In addition, you will share knowledge about your experience in global health, and how that would inform the design, development and implementation of SOHCs in countries around the world.
This conference will also help to discover investment opportunities in life-science and health care in Africa. We have invited many participants drawing from all sectors of science, technology, and medicine including research and development (R&D), discovery, innovation, commercialization, manufacturing, distribution, supply chain management, finance, real estate, investment banking, and venture capital, government, non-governmental organizations and philanthropic organizations.
As such, USARC1.0 will bring together leaders of private and government organizations, multinational corporations, and academic disciplines to share knowledge, experiences, research-based evidence about opportunities in life science and health care industry (LSHC) in Africa. Key to this conference is sharing of knowledge about innovations in agriculture and food production, architecture, engineering, medicine, pharmaceuticals, and government in service of improvement in human health in Africa.
Corporate sponsors will have the unique opportunity to reach many attendees from around the world, including government officials, national and international business leaders, leading academics, scientists and engineers, and the national and international media.
USARC1.0 will cover, but not limited to, the topics listed below:
- Global Health Grand Challenges
- Role of Architecture and Design in Global Health
- Design of a Sustainable One-Health Communities to Overcome Global Health Challenges
- Economics in a Sustainable One-Health Community
- Animals in a Sustainable One-Health Community
- Humans in a Sustainable One-Health Community
- The environment/ecology in a Sustainable One-Health Community
- Pharmaceutical Provision for Sustainable One-Health Communities
- Integrating Life Science in sustainable One-Health Communities
- Financing construction of Sustainable One-Health Communities
- Financing Operations of Sustainable One-Health Communities
- Financing Pharmaceutical Provision for Sustainable One-health Communities
- Experience from the field
- Local governments in Kenya and United States
- Non-governmental organizations
FIELDS OF KNOWLEDGE
- Agriculture, food and nutrition
- Health and wellness
- Public health
- Health facilities
- Healing landscape
- Information systems
- Construction science
- Green energy
- Clean technology